About vitamin H
Vitamin H is also known as biotin. It is a part of the B complex group of vitamins. It is an essential component of the body. Vitamin h help the body to metabolize fats protein and amino acids. Amino acids take part in protein synthesis .it convert carbohydrates into energy. These are also needed for healthy skin, hair, eyes, and liver. Vitamin H often recommended for strengthening hair and nails and used in many cosmetic products. Like all B vitamins, it is a water-soluble vitamin. The human body does not store vitamin H though bacteria in our intestine can make it. It can be found in supplement form, or nature, in a small amount number of foods, it is also essential for healthy growth and critical nutrient during pregnancy.
Benefits of vitamin H
- Hair and nail problems: Biotin supplements improve thin, brittle toes and fingernails as well as hair. It makes nail and hair healthy.
- Cradle cap: Infants who don’t have enough vitamin H in their body often develop scalp condition though we haven’t found that this vitamin used in a supplement such as a formula is breast milk.
- Diabetes: Preliminary research has discovered that a combination of vitamin H and chromium improve blood sugar control in some people with diabetes. Though it alone hasn’t the same effect.
- Peripheral neuropathy: vitamin H improve the symptoms of peripheral neuropathy for some people. Peripheral neuropathy is nerve damage in the feet, hands, legs or arms.
Source of vitamin H
The following are the sources of vitamin H :
- Egg yolk
- Green vegetables
- Vitamin H produced by the intestine
- Yeast and cheese
- Beef and salmon
It is also available in multivitamins B vitamin complexes and as supplement .